Life Insurance

Life Insurance provides insurance cover that pays a lump sum benefit to your Estate if you die during the period of cover.

If you're the main income earner in the family, life insurance can help provide a stable financial future for your loved ones if you pass away prematurely. It can help your family cope with major household expenses, such as paying off the mortgage, education costs and funeral expenses.

How much cover do I need?

Most review their life insurance at key stages during their lives, like:

  • getting married

  • arranging a mortgage or a loan

  • starting a new job

  • the birth of children

  • buying a house

  • establishing a business

Your Synchron adviser is equipped to advise you in all situations. He or she can assist you to determine the amount of cover you require, arrange quotes from reputable life insurance companies and advise on matters like whether you should take a joint policy with your partner.

Total & Permanent Disability

Total and Permanent Disability ( TPD) cover is life insurance that pays out if the insured person becomes Totally and Permanently Disabled.

In the event of a claim, the TPD payment can be used to eliminate debt, pay ongoing medical expenses, make necessary home modifications, or hire home care services such as nursing, cleaning and cooking.

It is usually purchased as an additional option on another policy but can be purchased on a ‘stand alone‘ basis.

Your Synchron adviser can advise you on the appropriateness of this cover.

Trauma Insurance

Trauma insurance pays a lump sum in the event that you suffer a major injury or illness such as heart attack, stroke or cancer.

This type of cover is designed to help you cover medical expenses associated with the trauma and other costs that your family may be exposed to. Also, it can often be combined with Life and/or TPD cover at a discounted price.

Basically trauma insurance fills in the gap between life insurance, TPD insurance and income protection insurance.

For example, an insured person who suffers a mild stroke and is able to return to work after 3 months would not be able to claim under their life insurance or TPD and may not be able to claim under their income protection policy.

That's why you should seek advice from your qualified Synchron adviser.

Income Protection

Income Protection insurance is probably the most essential type of insurance cover because your income determines your standard of living, your ability to build wealth and your capacity to provide for retirement.

It provides you with an income should you become unable to work due to an injury or sickness. Benefits are paid monthly. The amount of cover is usually restricted to 75% of your gross salary. Premiums are tax deductible for most taxpayers and the income is assessable because it replaces lost ‘assessable‘ income.

The choice of cover depends entirely on your individual circumstances.

Because of the number of choices, advice from your qualified Synchron adviser is essential.

For example:

  • Benefit periods can vary from 2 years to age 65 or life for accident cover

  • Waiting periods (the time before a claim is paid) can range from 14, 30 or 90 days to even longer

  • Maximum benefit calculations for self-employed people can be complex

  • Claims benefits can be escalated in line with inflation

  • Your occupation determines your premium and some companies exclude some occupations altogether

  • Policy definitions can vary greatly between companies especially the definitions of "total disability" and the differences between ‘own occupation‘ and ‘any occupation‘ and ‘Indemnity‘ vs ‘Agreed Value‘

  • Premiums can be ‘Stepped‘ or ‘Level‘

Business Expenses Insurance

Business Expenses insurance is like Income Protection for your business.

It enables your business to continue to operate if you are temporarily disabled and unable to work.

If your business stops operating, your income might be covered by Income Protection, but if the ongoing expenses of the business ‘" for example rent, business mortgage or loan repayments, equipment leasing costs and utilities payments ‘" aren't covered, the owner might need to use the income protection proceeds to pay those, to keep the business out of bankruptcy.

Ideally, a business owner would have the business's net profit covered by income protection, any loans covered by life insurance ‘" possibly with some TPD cover ‘" and the expenses covered by business expenses insurance.



Trab Financial Pty Ltd t/as Premier Wealth Protection (ABN 51 614 657 171) is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Synchron AFS Licence 243313 PO Box 438 North Melbourne Vic 3051.

Office Address: 28 Myers Street, Geelong VIC 3220 
Phone: 0426 954 144 / 03 8596 8598 

Privacy Policy